Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/29 01:37:59 UTC

JIRA fix version vs. the release notes

Turns out, JIRA's release notes generator lists any bug whose fix
version matches the selected fix version, even if it hasn't been
fixed.

That's caused a couple of spuriously listed bugs to show up as fixed
even though they aren't.

I'm not a big fan of choosing a release for a bug fix; I want to see
if I can have the fix release field omitted from the create new issue
screen in JIRA.  On the other hand, assigning a fix release should be
mandatory when closing a bug.  I suspect JIRA has support for these
workflows.

The long and short of it is to mark the version as released in JIRA
*before* generating the release notes.  That moves the fix release for
any outstanding bugs up to the new release.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.