Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Frank Swasey <fc...@zoo.uvm.edu> on 2000/02/29 21:36:03 UTC

mod_perl 1.21 with apache 1.3.12

I just got apache 1.3.12 installed with php 3.0.15 and mod_ssl 2.60 and
now the webmaster wants me to add mod_perl.  So, I pulled the 1.21
(latest I could find in CPAN) and went to install it.... it's not doing
so well...

Should it work with 1.3.12?  It seems a little old -- I've been having
failures in linkage editing....

Anyone got any suggestions?  I'm compiling on AIX 4.3.3.

--
Frank Swasey
Systems Programmer

Re: mod_perl 1.21 with apache 1.3.12

Posted by Joshua Gerth <jg...@ptdcs2.ra.intel.com>.
> I have compiled 1.3.12 with mod_ssl 2.60 and mod_perl 1.21
> on Redhat Linux 6.1 smooth as silk.  I did not try it with php and
> I remember from the list that it can throw some curve balls if not
> done correctly.

I am running it with
	apache 1.3.12
	mod_ssl 2.6
	mod_perl 1.21
	php 3.0.14
	mod_dav 0.9.14

on RH Linux with no problems.

Joshua

Posted by Cliff Rayman <cl...@genwax.com>.
I have compiled 1.3.12 with mod_ssl 2.60 and mod_perl 1.21
on Redhat Linux 6.1 smooth as silk.  I did not try it with php and
I remember from the list that it can throw some curve balls if not
done correctly.

cliff rayman
genwax.com

Posted by Vivek Khera <kh...@kciLink.com>.

FS> Should it work with 1.3.12?  It seems a little old -- I've been having
FS> failures in linkage editing....

It would help tremendously if you showed people what the actual error
messages are.

Re: mod_perl 1.21 with apache 1.3.12

Posted by Andreas Grupp <gr...@elektronikschule.de>.
Am 29 Feb 00, um 15:36, hat Frank Swasey folgendes geschrieben:

> I just got apache 1.3.12 installed with php 3.0.15 and mod_ssl 2.60 and
> now the webmaster wants me to add mod_perl.  So, I pulled the 1.21
> (latest I could find in CPAN) and went to install it.... it's not doing
> so well...
>
> Should it work with 1.3.12?  It seems a little old -- I've been having
> failures in linkage editing....

The only thing I can say is that apache 1.3.11 with mod_perl AND php does not
work on solaris (on SuSE-Linux it works). There are also some similar messages
in the mail-archives but there is no solution until now!!! For me this is also
a big problem!!! I've installed a workaround like it was suggested in another
mail: Installed a second httpd with php-support on another port.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen

A. Grupp

Elektronikschule Tettnang   http://www.elektronikschule.de/~grupp
Oberhofer Str. 25           mailto:grupp@elektronikschule.de
88069 Tettnang              PGP-Key available via mail. Use subject
Tel.: +49 7542 9372-33              Use subject: send pgp-public-key
Fax.: +49 7542 9372-40