Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Anni R Coden <an...@us.ibm.com> on 2016/04/28 21:06:14 UTC

UIMAfit - cannot find type system

Hi -

I am using UIMAfit

I created a a file: META-INF/org.apache.uima.fit/types.txt

in the file I put

classpath*:Users/anni/ ............/typesystem.xml

However I get a enrror that TypeSystemMgr requires a particular type
(specified in typesystem.xml) which was not found in the CAS

Here is the stack

Exception in thread "main"
com.ibm.langware.annotator.jFrostAEProcessException: Annotator class
com.ibm.dltj.uima_annotator.lex_analysis.TypeSystemMgr requires Type
uima.tt.ParagraphAnnotation, which was not found in the CAS.
        at
com.ibm.dltj.uima_annotator.implBase.TypeSystemMgr_ImplBase.initTypeCode(
TypeSystemMgr_ImplBase.java:66)
        at
com.ibm.dltj.uima_annotator.lex_analysis.TypeSystemMgr.initTypeSystem(
TypeSystemMgr.java:141)
        at
com.ibm.dltj.uima_annotator.implBase.AnalyzerContext_ImplBase.setTypeSystem(
AnalyzerContext_ImplBase.java:89)
        at
com.ibm.dltj.uima_annotator.implBase.jFrostAnnotator_ImplBase.typeSystemInit(
jFrostAnnotator_ImplBase.java:70)
        at
org.apache.uima.analysis_component.CasAnnotator_ImplBase.checkTypeSystemChange(
CasAnnotator_ImplBase.java:100)
        at
org.apache.uima.analysis_component.CasAnnotator_ImplBase.process(
CasAnnotator_ImplBase.java:55)
        at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.callAnalysisComponentProcess(
PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:378)
        at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.processAndOutputNewCASes(
PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:298)
        at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.asb.impl.ASB_impl$AggregateCasIterator.processUntilNextOutputCas(
ASB_impl.java:568)
        at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.asb.impl.ASB_impl$AggregateCasIterator.<init>(
ASB_impl.java:410)
        at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.asb.impl.ASB_impl.process(
ASB_impl.java:343)
        at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.processAndOutputNewCASes(
AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.java:265)
        at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AnalysisEngineImplBase.process(
AnalysisEngineImplBase.java:267)
        at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AnalysisEngineImplBase.process(
AnalysisEngineImplBase.java:280)
        at org.apache.uima.fit.pipeline.SimplePipeline.runPipeline(
SimplePipeline.java:285)
        at com.ibm.medtas.runNegator.RunMedNeg.main(RunMedNeg.java:53)

any hints are appreciated.

Thanks, Anni

Dr. Anni R. Coden
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
1101 Kitchawan Road, Route 134
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
USA
Tel: (914) 945 2359 t/l 862 2359
anni@us.ibm.com

Re: UIMAfit - cannot find type system

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
The .xml at the end is correct (this is not a UIMA import-by-name but
rather a classpath URL from the Spring Framework).

But I have some doubts that "Users/anni/....." is actually a location
within your classpath. Normally, you would have something like

classpath*:com/ibm/medtas/........./typesystem.xml

(and the files then are normally located in a JAR on your
classpasth or under src/main/resources if you use Maven).

uimaFIT uses Apache Commons logging and logs typesystem-scanning
information at the debug level. Depending on what logging you
use (e.g. log4j which is automatically detected by ACL), you
should get more detailed information about the typesystems being
found during scanning when you set the log level to "debug".

Cheers,

-- Richard

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.