Posted to users@maven.apache.org by cmd <cm...@hotmail.com> on 2008/01/17 15:47:45 UTC

about dependence transfer

i use maven2 to manage my jars
like this
<dependency>
			<groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
			<artifactId>spring</artifactId>
			<version>2.5.1</version>
</dependency>

but springframework depend some jars.Maven has not download the jars
automatic.
now how can i set the config file?

RE: about dependence transfer

Posted by ni...@planet.nl.
You give not so much information, but I think I know why Maven didn't downloaded the dependencies. Because it didn't have to.

It wil only download dependencies if it has too. If you specify a dependency and need the transitive dependencies for compile time, you will need to add them yourself. You are depended on them, so you need to specify that. Else your code breaks if a newer version of another dependency stops being depended on it.

If you have further questions, please be more descriptive about what you are trying to do.

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk