Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Rushabh Doshi <as...@hotmail.com> on 2022/07/08 12:13:35 UTC

Facing response assertion issue.

Hi All,

I am using response assertion with following combination.

  1.  Apply to à Main sample only
  2.  Filed to test is set to Text response ( the response text from the server)
  3.  Pattern to test is set to Contains

Currently what happen is, it validates the value only which has defined in csv file not against the response body.

Question: In response assertion, I want to validate the response from response body against the value which has defined in csv file if contains or matches the value then it should pass otherwise assertion should be failed.

Are we supporting this if yes then could someone share the example please as it’s a bit urgent for me?

Thanks in Advance,

Rushabh

Re: Facing response assertion issue.

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
I have to admit, that I don't understand, what you really want.

What CSV file? You didn't explain, where it comes from or how you
included it in your test plan.

Maybe it helps, if you post a minimal test plan, that shows, what you
want to do. You can use a JSR 223 Sampler to generate a body by setting
it to Groovy and using a multi-line String to set  the body. (Put
"""[NEW LINE]my body[NEW LINE]""" into the script section of the sampler
and replace [NEW LINE] with actual new lines)

On this sampler you can place your assertion. That way, you don't have
to rely on any server or third party plugin.

Felix

PS. This mailing list is run by volunteers. If you need something
urgent, you should consider looking for commercial support. I think it
is rude to add "It's a bit urgent" on this list or on the bug tracker.
If you use a tool for your $-job, then take the time to learn it, before
you sell your expertise to others.