Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Rice Yeh <ri...@netscape.net> on 2002/05/01 14:25:25 UTC

ClassCastException raised in newFactory() method when starting from JUnit test

Hi all,

  Just wonder why ClassCastException is raised at line 496 of LogFactory in newFactory() method when running as a JUnit test? I found this problem when running RequiredNameTest in commons-validator. When casting a class to some superclass, does classloader from other thread form a namespace and so can NOT cast it? Java language spec seems not regulate this. I have proven this with a small program.
  Attached are JUnit test files I use to study this problem.

Regards,
Rice