Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/08 18:42:58 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Commons Pool 1.6-RC3.

This vote passes with 5 +1s from the PMC:

Simone Tripodi
Oliver Heger
Christian Grobmeier
Jörg Schaible
Gary Gregory

No other votes were cast.

Cheers,
Gary

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Commons Pool 1.6-RC3.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 9 January 2012 15:09, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 7:35 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> They are already in /x1/www/www.apache.org/content/dist/commons/pool/
>>>
>> OK.

>>> Here is what I did: All the files we voted on were copied from Nexus
>>> (before I deleted the sha1's and md5's) with wget to my people.a.o
>>> home dir per the wiki instructions.
>>>
>>> I copied them from my home dir down to my local machine. Then I used
>>> the Nexus Staging Upload feature to upload the POM, and jars. The
>>> files have been uploading for five minutes now which is very long. I'm
>>> going to let it upload while I sleep and check in the AM (EST).
>>>
>>> If that does not work, I'll drop the previous repo and try again. If
>>> that does not work, then I'm stuck with an RC4. Arg.
>>
>> As I already wrote, the vote was on the current staging repo. If you
>> release from a new staging repo, then the vote is invalid.
>>
>> So I think you need to tie the files in the new staging area to the
>> old staging area; you can do this by getting agreement on which sigs
>> were used.
>
> What is the difference b/w a "staging area" and a "staging repo"? The
> staging repo is the dir in Nexus after a deploy, that's clear.

Just a different name for the same thing; I was not being consistent.

> It seems that I cannot update a closed repo, which makes sense, I
> would not expect to be able to do that.
>
> So the best I can do is create a new repo with the same files and
> close, and release it./

Yes.

> Right now, I cannot even do that, the Nexus upload was stuck in a loop
> for 6 hours over night, so I killed that one. I was trying to upload
> the POM with attached atrifacts.

No idea why that should be.

> Now it is looping ("Uploading..." dialog) on uploading a bundle zip I
> created myself which contains the same files we voted on.
>
> So killed that and create a bundle the maven way instead of using
> WinRar: mvn javadoc:jar source:jar repository:bundle-create

But that creates new versions of the jars ...

> Now it is looping uploading that! I'm not lucky today.
>
> This is an abject failure. :( blech.
>
> The cleanest thing is to RC again.

The cleanest would be to re-create the staging area from the previous
files, but that may no longer be possible if you don't have the files.
And anyway, there's no way to tie the original vote to the replaced
files, now that the original staging repo has been dropped.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.