Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Peng Xiao <25...@qq.com> on 2017/09/30 08:21:03 UTC

space left for compaction

Dear All,

As for STCS,datastax suggest us to keep half of the free space for compaction,this is not strict,could anyone advise how many space should we left for one node?

Thanks,
Peng Xiao

Re: space left for compaction

Posted by Avi Levi <av...@indeni.com>.
Got it. Thanks

Posted by Justin Cameron <ju...@instaclustr.com>.
Hi Avi,

Posted by "Steinmaurer, Thomas" <th...@dynatrace.com>.
Hi,

half of free space does not make sense. Imagine your SSTables need 100G space and you have 20G free disk. Compaction won't be able to do its job with 10G.

Half free of total disk makes more sense and is what you need for a major compaction worst case.

Thomas

As for STCS,datastax suggest us to keep half of the free space for compaction,this is not strict,could anyone advise how many space should we left for one node?

Thanks,
Peng Xiao
The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only. It contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the named addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us immediately and then destroy it. Dynatrace Austria GmbH (registration number FN 91482h) is a company registered in Linz whose registered office is at 4040 Linz, Austria, Freist?dterstra?e 313