Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Nagarajan Ramanantham <na...@hcl.com> on 2020/03/17 13:31:52 UTC

NimBLE BareMetal support

Hi,

We are looking at the possibility of using NimBLE stack in one of our project. We would like to know, whether NimBLE stack support baremetal (no-RTOS) systems.

Your response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Nagaraj

::DISCLAIMER::
The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.

Re: NimBLE BareMetal support

Posted by Martin Turon <mt...@google.com.INVALID>.
There are ports to run on FreeRTOS or mynewt os, but I know of no efforts
to run it on baremetal.  Are you looking for controller only or
host+controller?  The later would be more challenging in the current
design, as it uses two threads, plus mutex, semaphore, and event queues for
interlocking.