Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by panfei <cn...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/17 05:54:16 UTC

Re: heartbeats for thrift server

I want to know if  the heartbeat can be sent in the loop of thrift server ,
so I need not to write a loop of sending heartbeat, thanks.

--
不学习,不知道

Re: heartbeats for thrift server

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
Push requires an end point and what is the logic if that end point goes
down or you want multiple end point locations for redundancy. Push adds
more logic and unnecessary code into the server than needed.

Poll keeps this part of the server simple by only having to report the
metrics configured and asked for. You can have as many polling clients and
they can connect as needed and handle any specific logic individually
rather than within the server.

-Jake

Posted by Alex Wei <we...@neusoft.com>.

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.