Posted to dev@solr.apache.org by Houston Putman <ho...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/02 15:34:14 UTC

Solr Docker CI Integration - Nightly builds

Hello all,

I'm creating a Jenkins pipeline to do a daily build and test of the new
Apache Solr docker image. (Probably both the local and the official image)

Is there any interest in having a place on docker hub where these nightly
docker images get published? Kind of like we have nightly maven and TGZ
artifacts published?

I was imagining something like apache/solr-nightly:9.0.0-SNAPSHOT, which is
very clear in both the tag and version that it is not a released version of
Solr.

Any thoughts or opinions appreciated.

- Houston

Re: Solr Docker CI Integration - Nightly builds

Posted by Houston Putman <ho...@gmail.com>.
Follow up on the Solr docker tests build failure. It seems that the job
succeeds when scheduled on lucene-1 and fails with "setfacl command is
unavailable" when scheduled on lucene-2.

I created a ticket with infra to make sure that the "acl" package is
installed on both build machines. INFRA-22305
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-22305>

- Houston

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>.
Likewise!   I got to try out Solr and Lucene 9 against the Querqy library really quickly because of this.

Posted by David Smiley <ds...@apache.org>.

Posted by Houston Putman <ho...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Houston Putman <ho...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Smiley <ds...@apache.org>.