Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Struts Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com)" <st...@basebeans.com> on 2002/07/01 13:55:01 UTC

Struts ActionForm InstantiationException...?

Subject: Struts ActionForm InstantiationException...?
From: "Scott Curtis" <sc...@smart421.com>
 ===
Hi,

I have written a Form class that extends ActionForm, called LoginForm.java
I have also written an Action class called LoginAction.java
I have written an ActionMapping as follows:

<action path="/login"
    type="com.scurtis.web.action.LoginAction"
    name="loginForm"
    scope="request"
    input="/login.jsp">
    <forward name="success" path="/feedback.jsp" />
</action>

<form-beans type="org.apache.struts.action.ActionFormBean">
    <form-bean name="loginForm"
    type="com.scurtis.web.forms.LoginForm" />
</form-beans>

In my jsp I am have the following:

For some reason when I try to load the jsp I get the following error:

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Exception creating bean of class
com.scurtis.web.forms.LoginForm: java.lang.InstantiationException:
com/scurtis/web/forms/LoginForm

I would really appreciate if someone could shed some light onto why this
might be happening and how to fix it. I have written a lot of forms (all in
the same project) and they all work.

Many thanks in advance.
 -scott