Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2008/03/29 00:09:47 UTC

What is actual state of 4.1 branch java 1.4 compatibility?

talking with Hiram on IRC it seems that keeping java 1.4
compatibility for the activemq 4.1 branch is desirable.... but I
wonder if its actually there?

I see activemq-xmpp requires java 5 and the activemq-web-console
includes activemq-xmpp and all the jaxb jars.... whats the story?  Is
the web console java 5 only or is activemq-xmpp included by mistake
or ????

thanks
david jencks

Re: What is actual state of 4.1 branch java 1.4 compatibility?

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
We both those modules are optional.  So I think the broker/client is
still 1.4 compat.

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 7:09 PM, David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> talking with Hiram on IRC it seems that keeping java 1.4
>  compatibility for the activemq 4.1 branch is desirable.... but I
>  wonder if its actually there?
>
>  I see activemq-xmpp requires java 5 and the activemq-web-console
>  includes activemq-xmpp and all the jaxb jars.... whats the story?  Is
>  the web console java 5 only or is activemq-xmpp included by mistake
>  or ????
>
>  thanks
>  david jencks

Hiram