Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by "Lo Chi Lik Eric [PG]" <ec...@csis.hku.hk> on 2002/07/04 05:56:00 UTC

Entry point on building a middleware between soap engine and services

Hi,
	I am now working on a project on building a Web Service
Integrator.  Where I have designed some declarative XML language
constructs to perform various tasks.
	For example, the following snippets(not complete) try to integrate
two web services to be a single services:
example1.wsi (wsi is my own language file extension which is understand by
my system)
<script>
	<source name="incoming_soap_message"/>

	<task name="ask_for_1st_web_service">
	...call the 1st web service...
	...the web service result is implicity as the output of task...
	</task>

	<task name="ask_for_2nd_web_service">
	...call the 2nd web service...
	</task>

	<task name="Combine2Result">
	...combine the result of task "ask_for_1st_web_service" and task
"ask_for_2nd_web_service"
	</task>

	<response name="Assign_Combine2Result_Output_to_Client"/>

</script>

	What I am going to do is build a system, say wsi engine, executes
the logic on different .wsi scripts.
	I am trying to bundle apache soap and my wsi engine together.  Say
my engine is engine.java, and each wsi script file is like a new
service, with unique URN to locate it.  Thus example1.wsi should have an
entry of URN:example1 and its own WSDL files.

	However, I am puzzle on finding an entry point to bundle
apache soap and my engine together.  My objective is:

1)Soap client send a rpc message to apache soap as usual(with
urn=urn:example1, and some input parameters example1.wsi expected)
2)the enhance apache soap server identified this urn is not java class but
wsi script, then calling my engine.java to execute corrsponding scripts.

Any comment is welcome!  Thanks a lot.

Eric