Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ga...@ercgroup.com on 2003/03/08 01:30:48 UTC

RE: Any Known Help (links) on Making Struts 1.1 work on I Planet 6.0?

have had some very frustrating experiences on trying to do struts1.1 on
iplanet 6. Spent about 5 days trying to get it to work..but failed.
So right now, i'm just working with Struts 1.0
There are two problems you'll face with 1.1

1) Logger in ActionServlet won't initialize. So server will not initialize
the web app itself
2) Struts-config.xml won't get parsed. I think its possibly because of some
conflict in xml parsers of iplanet and the ones needed by Struts1.1. Gives
IllegalMonitorStateException(if i remember right) on parsing
Struts-config.xml

I could fix 1 by changing source. Couldn't find a solution for 2 and so
abandoned it midway and stuck to 1.0.
1.0 worked right out of the box.

Posted by ajTreece <aj...@sun.com>.
  I run iPlanet v6 sp5 on Solaris and I've got Struts v1.1-rc1 working.
I can't see why it would be any different for Windows....

Here is what I had to do....

1. Copy the latest exerces jars (exerces.jar and xercesImpl.jar) into
the servers bin/https/jar directory. Note: I'm not sure that this is
actually required. I have two servers running one with the exerces jars
and one without and they both work. My suggestion is try it without and
if it doesn't work try it with the jars.

2. Make the following changes to the servers JVM Attributes:

      Option: Default
      Classpath: /opt/eRAShome/MessageResources
                     Note: This is the full path to a directory that
contains
                             all MessageResources.properties files.
Don't ask
                             me why... The server can't traverse into
the webapp
                             to find the files.
     Minimum Heap Size: 3670016
     Maximum Heap Size: 67108864

3. I have the JDK configured to use the latest Java 1.3 version. That is
just a requirement for my development group. Java 1.4 should work fine.

Give this a try....

Later, ajTreece