Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by "VU, Thi Thu Thuy" <th...@sap.com> on 2010/04/14 10:54:44 UTC

how shindig works without Gadgets

Hello,
I have to work with a DB which doesn't contain neither applications nor activities of a person.
That mean, when implement spi of shindig, I don't care who is owner, viewer...
But in this case, I don't know how Shindig works?
If I don't have any file gadget xml, so how shindig will work?
Could you give some explanation?

Thank you very much.

Re: how shindig works without Gadgets

Posted by Evgeny Bogdanov <ev...@epfl.ch>.

On 14.04.10 11:17, VU, Thi Thu Thuy wrote:
> Thanks,
> But do you know how it works?
> I already read it, but I don't understand much about gadgets.js.
> In the client site, It has to load gadgets.js, but if I don't have any gadgets, so which is the role of this? :(
> Or maybe, if I don't have gadget, so, it doesn't need to load this js, just OpenSocial container???

If you are not planning to use gadgets you don't need this file.
Just call normal REST request to your shindig server (either with
javascript on the client or normal http request on the server)
http://shindig/social/rest/people/guest/@all
and you will get the json object back with all the data

Posted by Evgeny Bogdanov <ev...@epfl.ch>.
Hi,