Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kelly Goedert <ke...@nexxera.com> on 2004/01/05 14:28:49 UTC

artimus 1.1

Hello,

this may be a bit off topic but there it goes: how do I deploy the
artimus example application? What kind of database structure do I have
to create?

Kelly.

Re: selecting a value from drop down list

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@talk21.com>.
  You'll find the docs here
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/struts-html.html#select

You need something like the following, please don't copy and paste and
then immediately post the list.

Judging by the vagueness of you question i guess you'll also have to
read some stuff on action forms also.

Cheers Mark

Posted by Kamal Gupta <kg...@tech-group.co.uk>.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply Mark.

I tried the option you suggested. but that thing gives me a null value

Regards

Kamal

Posted by Kamal Gupta <kg...@tech-group.co.uk>.
Hi,

It works now.

It was just that the value was in double quotes and as its a string it
already has double quotes
So i changed the option value from

<option value="<bean:write name="results" property ="pnDescription"
/>"><bean:write name="results" property ="pnDescription" />

<option value=<bean:write name="results" property ="pnDescription"
/>><bean:write name="results" property ="pnDescription" /></option>

Thanks Mark and Robert

Regards

Kamal Gupta

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@talk21.com>.
umm.. ehhh

Posted by Robert Taylor <rt...@mulework.com>.
Try request.getParameter("sName");

robert

Posted by Robert Taylor <rt...@mulework.com>.

Re: artimus 1.1

Posted by Kelly Goedert <ke...@nexxera.com>.
I did all this you said and followed also the steps in readme.txt. But
when I click on create resources button, I get this:

05/01/2004 13:10:15 org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor process
INFO: Processing a 'POST' for path '/menu/Manager'
processActionForward(/do/CreateResources, false)
  '/do/CreateResources' - processed as uri
05/01/2004 13:10:15 org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor process
INFO: Processing a 'POST' for path '/CreateResources'
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.apache.artimus.article.Access.index(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.artimus.CreateResources.execute(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.struts.scaffold.ProcessAction.executeLogic(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.struts.scaffold.BaseHelperAction.executeLogic(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.struts.scaffold.BaseAction.execute(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:446)
    at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:266)
    at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1292)
    at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:510)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:684)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:432)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:356)
    at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.java:1014)
    at
org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.doForward(TilesRequestProcessor.java:257)
    at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(RequestProcessor.java:417)
    at
org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(TilesRequestProcessor.java:300)
    at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionForward(RequestProcessor.java:390)
    at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:271)
    at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1292)
    at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:510)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
    at
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
    at
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
    at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:494)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
    at
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2417)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
    at org.apache.

Re: artimus 1.1