Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net> on 2004/09/24 14:40:32 UTC

When did this happen?

I could have sworn that running 'svn delete /some/tree' would actually
remove the entire tree from disk unless there were local mods under
there (in which case those locally modified files would be left).  But
it was brought to my attention that 'svn delete /some/tree' (and 'svn
move /some/tree /someother/tree') leaves a full skeleton of admin
areas.  Pretty cool for reversion purposes, but certainly not what I
expected.  When did this change occur?  sussman was as surprised as I
was about it.

Re: When did this happen?

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.
"C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net> writes:

> it was brought to my attention that 'svn delete /some/tree' (and 'svn
> move /some/tree /someother/tree') leaves a full skeleton of admin
> areas.  Pretty cool for reversion purposes, but certainly not what I
> expected.  When did this change occur?  sussman was as surprised as I
> was about it.

It's always been like that, issue 611 has some history.

--
Philip Martin