Posted to user@tez.apache.org by "Fabio C." <an...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/14 21:59:14 UTC

Submit dags from different users

Hi guys, right now I am performing some experiments with Tez. While trying
to launch DAGs from different users (just using the tez wordcount example)
I got this error:

"java.io.IOException: The ownership on the staging directory
hdfs://master:9000/tmp/tez/staging is not as expected. It is owned by user.
The directory must be owned by the submitter user1 or by user1"

user is the owner, user1 is the new user I am testing. What I want is to
launch two dags in the cluster at the same time from different users, (such
as wordcount and the join example).

Thanks in advance

Re: Submit dags from different users

Posted by Fabio <an...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, that solved the problem, thanks!

Posted by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>.
Fabio,
Setting tez.staging-dir to something like /tmp/${user.name}/staging in
tez-site.xml should allow this.

  <property>
    <name>tez.staging-dir</name>
    <value>/tmp/${user.name}/staging</value>
  </property>

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>.
Tez writes temp job artifacts to the staging dir. So the user1 needs write
access to the staging dir.

Bikas

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE