Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com> on 1998/10/22 07:20:01 UTC

Re: os-windows/3258: Apache will not start after install onWin98even after reboot....

The following reply was made to PR os-windows/3258; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
To: "Raymond W. Roberts IV" <sp...@earthlink.net>
Cc: Apache bugs database <ap...@apache.org>
Subject: Re: os-windows/3258: Apache will not start after install
 onWin98even after reboot....
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 22:15:45 -0700 (PDT)

 On Wed, 21 Oct 1998, Raymond W. Roberts IV wrote:

 > Dear Marc Slemko,
 >     Well then maybe I am confused, I humbled myself to get help...this is
 > THE Apache server project right.....  Well I thought I made myself clear, I
 > could NOT get it up and running I read the whole manual and everything from
 > serverroot to notes on the stability of the win 32 version....  but every
 > time I try to set anything it doesn't give a clue as to where you might find
 > out the info you need to input it instead if you are not sure (on anything I
 > might add) check with you network administrator (I happen to be just that so
 > he is no help)   I will thank you for the insult in your last mail, and also
 > the lack of aid you provided....
 > Oh..I almost forgot i am just one person so my opinion doesn't matter and
 > you are a VIP  with the Apache Project and you are a god...so I will crawl
 > away and BUY me some software with tech support...  I hope you let others at
 > the Apache Project know you just scared away another believer in the
 > project...  I am one no longer you have to be a programmer or a college
 > educated network systems administrator to figure out this software.  Alos I
 > asked for a little help and you shoot me down at the knees ...thanks alot
 > from this humble poor guy with a peicemeal computer and a love for the
 > net...  well anyway I have to go and find a server that offers tech
 > support... along with clear directions...

 Bye.

 You come in, ignoring everything we ask you to provide when reporting a
 bug, ignoring everything we tell you about the appropiate places to go if
 you need basic installation support, ignoring and refusing to answer all
 the questions I ask you in an attempt to figure out your problem, and then
 get upset when we won't babysit you.  No one is going to take that sort of
 abuse from you without being paid a whole lot for it.