Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Mark Johnson <am...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/24 17:45:27 UTC

You shouldn't have to grant the System Administrator role... there is

I have the same problem on 1.1.  I have grated all combinations of roles,
(Repo Manager to specific repos, Global Repo Manager, User Admin, etc).
Unless I give the user "System Administrator" role, when that users logs in,
they only things they see are [Search, Find Artifact, and Browse].  Has
anyone else experienced this?  I cannot find a jira issue, but don't know
well how to search Jira.

Mark

Re: You shouldn't have to grant the System Administrator role... there is

Posted by Mark Johnson <am...@gmail.com>.
I was trying to enable the "Repositories"and "Proxy Connections" menu items,
which I now see are under the "Administration" heading..  Maybe I just
misundestood this, and they are intended for System Administrators only.
The interesting thing is that if I grant a user the "User Administrator"
role, that user does not get any of the menu options under "Manage", which
includes the "User Management" item.  In other words without granting a user
"System Administrator" that user cannot manage users either.  This does not
seem correct to me.  I only have a few users, that need rights other than
guest, and am fine granting them all "System Administrator" rights, so this
is not a major problem for me currently.

Thanks,
Mark

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.