Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Igor Chudov <ic...@Algebra.Com> on 2007/10/09 15:20:41 UTC

the IT job boarrd spam?

I receive a lot of emails from "The IT JobBoard" or "JobsInThe City",
see example at

    http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/spam002.txt

They look like outright spams to me, by looking at the way they are
relayed. I tried unsubscribing, which did not help very much.

Are there any more info on those scumbags?

Re: the IT job boarrd spam?

Posted by Per Jessen <pe...@computer.org>.
Loren Wilton wrote:

> Base-64 encoding of HTML strikes me as a little odd.  I wonder if it
> would make a good spam sign.

Outlook uses base64 quite often when the sender uses UTF8.  I'm sure it
can be changed, but I see HTML+UTF8 and base64 quite frequently from
e.g. EU staff.
The fact that the itjobboard email was in base64 AND ISO-8859-1 makes it
odd, though.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

Re: the IT job boarrd spam?

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, Loren Wilton wrote:

> Base-64 encoding of HTML strikes me as a little odd.  I wonder if
> it would make a good spam sign.

Very likely. The only reason to do that is to shield the HTML from
pattern matching filters that don't decode text body parts first.

Of course, it might not be widely used...

  An AR-15 in civilian hands used to defend a home or business:
    a High Velocity Assault Weapon with High Capacity Magazine
  An AR-15 in Law Enforcement Officer hands used to murder six kids:
    a Police-Style rifle
 229 days until the Mars Phoenix lander arrives at Mars

Re: the IT job boarrd spam?

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
Base-64 encoding of HTML strikes me as a little odd.  I wonder if it would
make a good spam sign.

        Loren