Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2010/08/28 03:32:02 UTC

Seeking Participants / Topics for "Roadmap" Panel @ Lucene Revolution

Hey folks,

As you may know, we're planning on having a "Roadmap Panel" discussion at
Lucene Revolution to talk about the future of Lucene/Solr.  The hope is to
have an interesting/insightful discussion of where folks think the project
is headed, what features we anticipate in the next few releases, etc...

http://lucenerevolution.org/Presentation-Abstracts-Day2#roadmap

So far, Yonik, Grant, McCandless, and myself have all agreed to
participate; but any and all Lucene/Solr committers attending the
conference are invited (and encouraged) to be on the panel as well -- just
let me know if you are interested.

The plan is to keep things very casual.  Ideally it will just be an
informal (and informative) discussion fueled by questions from the
audience -- but to be safe, it seems wise to have a list of
concepts/features people think are worth talking about that we can fall
back on as needed.  I've started a list on the wiki, anyone with thoughts
on what they'd like to discuss (or hear discussed) should feel free to add
their own ideas...

   http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneRevolution2010

-Hoss

--