Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/18 17:15:44 UTC

[RELEASE] Storm 0.9.0-rc3

The Storm team is pleased to announce the release of Storm version 0.9.0-rc3.

NOTE: This release is neither a top-level Apache release nor an Apache Incubator release. Once 0.9.0 (final) has been released, Storm migrate to the Apache release process. Version 0.9.1 will be the first Apache incubator release.

Storm is a distributed, fault-tolerant, and high-performance realtime computation system that provides strong guarantees on the processing of data. Additional information is available at the following URLS:

http://storm-project.net/
https://github.com/nathanmarz/storm

Downloads of binary distributions are listed in the downloads section:

http://storm-project.net/downloads.html

JAR artifacts can be found at clojars.org:

https://clojars.org/storm

The tag for this release can be found on github:

https://github.com/nathanmarz/storm/tree/0.9.0-rc3

This version is a release candidate in anticipation of a stable 0.9.0 final release. We request that any early adopters provide feedback and bug reports early and often, and provide as much relevant information as possible.

Changes since 0.9.0-rc2

 * Added configuration to limit ShellBolt internal _pendingWrites queue length (thanks xiaokang)
 * Fixed a a netty client issue where sleep times for reconnection could be negative (thanks brndnmtthws)
 * Fixed a display issue with system stats in Storm UI (thanks d2r)
 * Nimbus now does worker heartbeat timeout checks as soon as heartbeats are updated (thanks d2r)
 * The logviewer now determines log file location by examining the logback configuration (thanks strongh)
 * Allow tick tuples to work with the system bolt (thanks xumingming)
 * Add default configuration values for the netty transport and the ability to configure the number of worker threads (thanks revans2)
 * Added timeout to unit tests to prevent a situation where tests would hang indefinitely (thanks d2r)
 * Fixed and issue in the system bolt where local mode would not be detected accurately (thanks miofthena)

- Taylor

Re: [storm-user] [RELEASE] Storm 0.9.0-rc3

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Yep. You’re right.

Should be corrected now.

- Taylor

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Yep. You’re right.

Re: [storm-user] Re: [RELEASE] Storm 0.9.0-rc3

Posted by James Xu <xu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Xu <xu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
0.9.0-rc3 artifacts are there: