Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Mike <mi...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/27 09:28:24 UTC

Which repository branch?

Hi devs,

I would like to pull down the latest JSPWiki source repo so that I can
start kicking tyres and just getting a feel for the codebase...

Which branch (trunk?) would be best for me to use, as I gather from the
mailing list archives that there has been considerable wandering about
on the 3.0 dev branch, and now it looks like a reversion to 2.8/2.9.
i.e. Which branch best represents "current work/thinking" in jspwiki dev?

--
mike morris :: mikro2nd (at) gmail (dot) com

http://mikro2nd.net/
http://mikro2nd.net/blog/planb/
http://mikro2nd.net/blog/mike/

This email is [X]bloggable [ ]ask-first [ ]private

Re: Which repository branch?

Posted by Mike <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 27/02/2012 21:10, Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez wrote:

> I've just ran ant clean war on trunk and compiled + passed tests without
> problems (2.9 should be based on current trunk). The full build takes on my
> PC 3 and half minutes. What kind of problems are you having?

$ ant clean war
compiletests:
    [javac] Compiling 140 source files to
/home/mike/Projects/jspwiki/tests/build
    [javac] warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in
conjunction with -source 1.5
    [javac]
/home/mike/Projects/jspwiki/tests/org/apache/wiki/TestJDBCDataSource.java:44:
error: TestJDBCDataSource is not abstract and does not override abstract
method getParentLogger() in CommonDataSource
    [javac] public class TestJDBCDataSource implements DataSource
    [javac]        ^

I haven't had a chance to look closer, yet. This was a clean checkout of
trunk.  It is probably not worth spending much time on if the 2.9 branch
is where the current action is. I'll switch to the 2.9 branch in
preference, since at this stage I just want to get an idea of what's
going on.

Re: Which repository branch?

Posted by Mike <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 28/02/2012 13:40, Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez wrote:

> could you please open a JIRA on this? this way we can get track (and solve)
> it

Done, with a proposed patch attached. I'm not much familiar with Jira,
so please feel free to advise on a better workflow, labelling, etc.

Re: Which repository branch?

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hello Mike,

could you please open a JIRA on this? this way we can get track (and solve)
it

thanks!

Re: Which repository branch?

Posted by Mike Morris <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Which repository branch?

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hello Mike,

I've just ran ant clean war on trunk and compiled + passed tests without
problems (2.9 should be based on current trunk). The full build takes on my
PC 3 and half minutes. What kind of problems are you having?

regards,
jp

Re: Which repository branch?

Posted by Mike <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Which repository branch?

Posted by Florian Holeczek <fl...@holeczek.de>.
Hi Mike,

best for now is checking out the trunk, where's waiting a soon to be released 2.9 for you.

It's mainly the unreleased 2.8.5 plus some things which had only been done for the 3.0 branch before and which are needed for incubation (for example the package name change to org.apache.wiki.*).

Have fun!

Regards
 Florian