Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Jason <fq...@outlook.com> on 2016/08/05 07:22:32 UTC

What does ignite-atomics-sys-cache do and how many backups should it set?

hi Ignite,

1. what does ignite-atomics-sys-cache do? from the below code, seems that it
contains some locks for the ignite.
            dsView = atomicsCache;
            cntDownLatchView = atomicsCache;
            semView = atomicsCache;
            reentrantLockView = atomicsCache;
            atomicLongView = atomicsCache;
            atomicRefView = atomicsCache;
            atomicStampedView = atomicsCache;
            seqView = atomicsCache;

2. In the AtomicConfiguration, its default backup is 0. If for the best
practice, how many backup should it be set?

Thanks,
-Jason

Re: What does ignite-atomics-sys-cache do and how many backups should it set?

Posted by Jason <fq...@outlook.com>.
Got it, thanks Val.

Re: What does ignite-atomics-sys-cache do and how many backups should it set?

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Jason,

All Ignite system caches are replicated, so unless you use distributed data
structures in your code, you should not worry about these settings.

-Val

Re: What does ignite-atomics-sys-cache do and how many backups should it set?

Posted by Jason <fq...@outlook.com>.
thanks, Vladislav.

Does the Ignite use it to store some necessary system level data structures
for Ignite to run successfully by default in current logic?

FYI, I haven't used it for the application level, so I don't need care about
it, right?

Posted by Vladislav Pyatkov <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

The cache is internal system cache which designed for store information
about data structures [1]. You need to use beckup if afraid to lose data
when node failure.
When any data lost, behavior of data structures will be difficult to
explain.

[1]
http://apacheignite.gridgain.org/v1.0/docs/atomic-types#atomic-configuration

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Jason <fq...@outlook.com> wrote:

> hi Ignite,
>
> 1. what does ignite-atomics-sys-cache do? from the below code, seems that
> it
> contains some locks for the ignite.
>             dsView = atomicsCache;
>             cntDownLatchView = atomicsCache;
>             semView = atomicsCache;
>             reentrantLockView = atomicsCache;
>             atomicLongView = atomicsCache;
>             atomicRefView = atomicsCache;
>             atomicStampedView = atomicsCache;
>             seqView = atomicsCache;
>
> 2. In the AtomicConfiguration, its default backup is 0. If for the best
> practice, how many backup should it be set?
>
> Thanks,
> -Jason

Vladislav Pyatkov