Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Amandeep Singh09 <Am...@infosys.com> on 2009/07/13 08:19:46 UTC

Regarding Response Builder

The responsebuiilder class has SolrQueryRequest as public type. Using SolrQueryRequest we can get a list of SolrParams like

SolrParams params = req.getParams();

Now I want to get the values of those params. What should be the approach as SolrParams is an abstract class and its get(String) method is abstract?

Best regards,
Amandeep Singh

Re: Regarding Response Builder

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: SolrParams params = req.getParams();
:
: Now I want to get the values of those params. What should be the
: approach as SolrParams is an abstract class and its get(String) method
: is abstract?

your question seems to be more about java basics then about using Solr --
it doens't matter if SolrParams is abstract,
any method (including req.getParams()) which says it returns an instance of
SolrParams is required to do just that -- return an instance.  the
SolrParams API contract garuntees that you can call "get(String)" on any
instance.

-Hoss

Re: Regarding Response Builder

Posted by pof <Me...@gmail.com>.
I would just do something like this:

String myParam = req.getParams().get("xparam");

where "xparam" is:

http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=dog&xparam=something&start=0&rows=10&indent=on