Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Matt Cliff <ma...@mattcliff.com> on 2003/11/10 06:24:01 UTC

[math] implementation of Polynomial Function

Attached are two new files that implement a Polynomial as a
UnivariateRealFunction and should be added to the
org.apache.commons.math.analysis packages in both java and test
respectively.

 I do not have commit privileges and would appreciate on the the math
contributors or members to add these.

   also, I have added a patch that will remove the firstDerivative and
secondDerivative methods from the UnivariateRealFunction interface (and
appropriate unit test).  This item was still pending consensus.  I plan to
write a couple classes such as UnivariateRealDifferentiator that will give
numeric approximates using point evaluation to achieve this.  I also plan
to contribute UnivariateRealIntegrator pattern.

--
      Matt Cliff
      Cliff Consulting

      The label said install Windows 98 or better so I installed Linux.

Re: [math] implementation of Polynomial Function

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
Thanks Matt,

I'll apply and test both this and the earlier patch. I've fleshed out
more documentation on using Bugzilla. The next time the site is updated
it should be available on the site. Until then, update your cvs checkout
and take a look at the following document in your browser.

/commons/math/xdocs/developers.xml

It has several simple bugzilla links that make it simpler to submit a
bug/patch into the math project bugzilla.

-Mark

Matt Cliff wrote:

> Attached are two new files that implement a Polynomial as a
> UnivariateRealFunction and should be added to the
> org.apache.commons.math.analysis packages in both java and test
> respectively.
>
>  I do not have commit privileges and would appreciate on the the math
> contributors or members to add these.
>
>    also, I have added a patch that will remove the firstDerivative and
> secondDerivative methods from the UnivariateRealFunction interface (and
> appropriate unit test).  This item was still pending consensus.  I plan to
> write a couple classes such as UnivariateRealDifferentiator that will give
> numeric approximates using point evaluation to achieve this.  I also plan
> to contribute UnivariateRealIntegrator pattern.

Mark Diggory
Software Developer
Harvard MIT Data Center
http://www.hmdc.harvard.edu