Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2010/09/08 17:29:09 UTC

Who to contact?

 Hi Developers,

I posted a similar note on the maven-users list without getting any response (so
far).

We have a build which relies on some Eclipse artifacts, which has been building
fine until yesterday, when some process (?) uploaded into Maven Central a bunch
of entries which are missing poms and jars.

The entries do have the maven-metadata.xml files, which specify a version, more
recent than earlier (previously building OK) ones.

Because these are in Central, and have later version numbers, they are being
selected because the Eclipse artifacts we depend on (we use locked down explicit
version numbers) in turn specify transitive dependencies with ranges which
include, now, these partial uploads.

Here's a sample of the partial uploads (there are others besides this one):

see http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/eclipse/core

and within that directory are the following subdirectories:

org.eclipse.core.contenttype/                      07-Sep-2010 06:27
org.eclipse.core.expressions/                      07-Sep-2010 06:27
org.eclipse.core.filesystem/                       07-Sep-2010 06:27
org.eclipse.core.jobs/                             07-Sep-2010 06:27
org.eclipse.core.resources/                        07-Sep-2010 06:27
org.eclipse.core.runtime/                          07-Sep-2010 06:27
org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility.auth/       07-Sep-2010 06:27
org.eclipse.core.variables/                        07-Sep-2010 06:27

Each of these directories has just the maven-metadata.xml file (plus checksums),
but no poms, no jars, etc.

I'd like to contact the right person who might be able to fix this.  Is there a way to identify the source of these Maven Central uploads, and a person to contact about this?  Maybe from some logs, somewhere?

-Marshall Schor

Re: Who to contact?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com>.
I don't know what happened but we're looking into it, no one should be deploying Eclipse artifacts to Maven Central except someone from Eclipse. We'll let you know when we find out what happened.

On Sep 8, 2010, at 5:29 PM, Marshall Schor wrote:

> Hi Developers,
>
> I posted a similar note on the maven-users list without getting any response (so
> far).
>
> We have a build which relies on some Eclipse artifacts, which has been building
> fine until yesterday, when some process (?) uploaded into Maven Central a bunch
> of entries which are missing poms and jars.
>
> The entries do have the maven-metadata.xml files, which specify a version, more
> recent than earlier (previously building OK) ones.
>
> Because these are in Central, and have later version numbers, they are being
> selected because the Eclipse artifacts we depend on (we use locked down explicit
> version numbers) in turn specify transitive dependencies with ranges which
> include, now, these partial uploads.
>
> Here's a sample of the partial uploads (there are others besides this one):
>
> see http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/eclipse/core
>
> and within that directory are the following subdirectories:
>
> org.eclipse.core.contenttype/                      07-Sep-2010 06:27
> org.eclipse.core.expressions/                      07-Sep-2010 06:27
> org.eclipse.core.filesystem/                       07-Sep-2010 06:27
> org.eclipse.core.jobs/                             07-Sep-2010 06:27
> org.eclipse.core.resources/                        07-Sep-2010 06:27
> org.eclipse.core.runtime/                          07-Sep-2010 06:27
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility.auth/       07-Sep-2010 06:27
> org.eclipse.core.variables/                        07-Sep-2010 06:27
>
> Each of these directories has just the maven-metadata.xml file (plus checksums),
> but no poms, no jars, etc.
>
> I'd like to contact the right person who might be able to fix this.  Is there a way to identify the source of these Maven Central uploads, and a person to contact about this?  Maybe from some logs, somewhere?
>
> -Marshall Schor

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.

  -- Shakespeare