Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Mikko Honkala <Mi...@iki.fi> on 2000/11/03 14:33:03 UTC

Relative image URL's do not work

Hello all!

First of all, thanks for a great piece of software!

We [1] are building an experimental XML browser, which
supports XSL FO, with FOP 0.14.0 as the basis.

We have extended AWTRenderer (along with new mappings, FO & area objects)
with
  * Limited XForms support [2] with XHTML form elements
  * Simple external links (through our browser)

And now to the subject of this message:
---------------------------------------

Relative Image URL's do not work. There seems to be 3 places where URL's are
created for images:

1. FopImageFactory.Make(String href)
2. AWTRenderer.renderImageArea()
3. AWTRenderer.renderImage()

In 1. there seems to be code, which is commented, related to relative URL's.

Maybe there should be an overridable URLFactory for creating URL's in FOP?
This way it would be easier to embed FOP in other software.

Another thing: Could the AWTRenderer.graphics:

private Graphics2D graphics = null;

Be changed to protected? That way it would be easier to extend the
AWTRenderer class.

Yours,

	Mikko Honkala

[1] Helsinki University of Technology. Telecommunications Software
    and Multimedia Laboratory (TML)
    http://www.tml.hut.fi/english.html
[2] XForms Data Model Working Draft.
    http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-xforms-datamodel-20000406/