Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Jebastin Nalliah <je...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/15 17:01:13 UTC

Feedback on distcp2 page

Hi Team,

With ref to distcp2 in https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.2.1/distcp2.html

In the section "update and overwrite"  can you please confirm on the
example.

- update option is missing in the sample command
distcp2 hdfs://nn1:8020/source/first hdfs://nn1:8020/source/second
hdfs://nn2:8020/target

Also the following statement is incorrect

If -update is used, 1 is overwritten as well. It should be -overwrite.

Please correct me if my understanding is incorrect.

Thanks
Jebastin

Re: Feedback on distcp2 page

Posted by Austin Embry <au...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Please take me off this mailing list as well. I have been trying to get off
for quite some time.

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Austin Embry

Re: Feedback on distcp2 page

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
I've removed you.

Re: Feedback on distcp2 page

Posted by GUATINVEST <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Feedback on distcp2 page

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.
All technical questions about any Apache project should go to the
relevant project's mailing lists:

  http://hadoop.apache.org/mailing_lists.html

project does, where you can ask technical questions.  Many projects also
have a "user@" mailing list for general use questions.  Try one of those
for any technical or code questions about projects.

- Shane