Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com> on 2023/06/12 07:35:48 UTC

Draft Camel Board Report for June 2023

Hello all,

I prepare the draft for June 2023, I'm planning to submit it this
afternoon. Feedback are welcome.

The mission of Apache Camel is the creation and maintenance of an
open-source
integration framework based on known Enterprise Integration Patterns.

## Project Status:
Project status: Ongoing with high activity
Issues: There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Membership Data:
Apache Camel was founded 2008-12-17 (14 years ago)
There are currently 87 committers and 44 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 2:1.

Community changes, past quarter:
- Nicolas Filotto was added to the PMC on 2023-04-05
- Christoph Deppisch was added as committer on 2023-05-25
- Marcin Grzejszczak was added as committer on 2023-04-20

## Project Activity:
- We released Camel 3.14.8
- We released Camel 3.18.6
- We released Camel 3.18.7
- We released Camel 3.20.3
- We released Camel 3.20.4
- We released Camel 3.20.5
- We released Camel 4.0.0-M2
- We released Camel 4.0.0-M3
- Note: Camel releases have synchronized releases of Camel-Karaf and
  Camel-Spring-Boot too for 3.x, while for 4.x only Camel-Spring-Boot is
  synchronized.
- We are near releasing the first release candidate for Camel 4.0.0, it will
  be done in this month and we plan to complete 4.0.0 release in September.
- We are continuing release 3.18.x LTS release train and we are in the
process
  of releasing the next patch release.
- We started the release train for 3.20.x LTS, and we are already at the
fifth
  patch release.
- We are still supporting Camel 3.14.x, an LTS train, but it's going EOL, so
  there will be one last release.
- For Camel K we are working on releasing the first patch release for
1.12.x,
  but the focus is on the 2.x work. We are focusing on giving to the com
- For Camel-Kamelets releases
- We released Camel Kameletes 0.9.4
- We released Camel Kameletes 3.20.3
- We released Camel Kameletes 3.20.4
- We released Camel Kameletes 3.20.5
- We released Camel Kamelets 4.0.0-M2
- We released Camel Kamelets 4.0.0-M3
- We are improving the Camel-K experience and Camel Kamelets is already
  looking at Camel 4
- Camel-Kamelets is not only related to camel k anymore so it could be used
  with all the Camel's flavours
- The Camel-Quarkus work is going ahead following the main camel releases
with
  multiple releases
- We released Camel-quarkus 2.13.3
- We released Camel-quarkus 3.0.0-M1
- We released Camel-quarkus 3.0.0-M2
- Camel-Kameleon and Camel-Karavan are improving and more and more
  contributors are starting to help. We are improving the projects by
  supporting new features and aligning with LTS releases 3.20.x as in the
last
  report
- Camel Kafka Connector release based on Camel 3.20.1 has been released.
- We are supporting Camel Kafka Connector aligning it to the Camel Core LTS
  Releases 3.20.x and we released camel-kafka-connector 3.20.3
- Generally speaking we are working on supporting Camel 4 in all the
runtimes
  provided and this is taking a lot of effort.

## Community Health:
- 265 issues opened in JIRA, past quarter (25% decrease) and 284 issues
closed
  in JIRA, past quarter (3% decrease): We are in a stabilization phase for
  Camel 3.x and the LTS are more or less stable. Mostly new issues are about
  Camel 4.x, but since we are closing down the work for releasing Camel
4.0.0
  there is less new issues opened.
- 211 issues opened on GitHub, past quarter (13% decrease) and 203 issues
  closed on GitHub, past quarter (4% decrease): Since we are working on
  releasing Camel 4.0.0 some of the subprojects using gh issues are seeing
  less focused work, Camel is using JIRA for tracking the work
- 4648 commits in the past quarter (3% increase) and 120 code contributors
in
  the past quarter (no change): More or less we are stable. The camel core
  team is focusing on Camel 4.x. We saw sporadic contributions from new
  contributors.
- 1362 PRs opened on GitHub, past quarter (7% increase) and 1366 PRs closed
on
  GitHub, past quarter (7% increase): on some of the subprojects the
activity
  is slowing down for stabilization reasons, we also cleaned up some of the
  subprojects gh PR and there was a lot of work on Camel-Kamelets from this
  pov
- dev@camel.apache.org had a 32% decrease in traffic in the past quarter
(304
  emails compared to 441): This is mostly because the work done on Camel 4
  side is about moving to support Jakarta, there was some discussions but
  mostly about releasing.
- issues@camel.apache.org had a 0% increase in traffic in the past quarter
  (1901 emails compared to 1891): We are more or less stable here. There was
  activity in JIRA mostly for Camel 4 work and cleaning up.
- users@camel.apache.org had a 26% decrease in traffic in the past quarter
  (263 emails compared to 352): The activity is less because of the work on
  Camel 4 but also because users is asking and discussing on the provided
  Zulip chat

Re: Draft Camel Board Report for June 2023

Posted by Otavio Rodolfo Piske <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrea, it looks good to me.

Thanks!

--
Otavio R. Piske
http://orpiske.net

Re: Draft Camel Board Report for June 2023

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pasquale Congiusti <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Andrea.