Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Marc Roos <M....@f1-outsourcing.eu> on 2020/07/28 12:44:33 UTC

random string in task groups hostname

I cannot remember seeing this before. I wondered if this is common and
is it should to be. I am having in srv lookups random string in the
group. Why is test appended with '-grxx9-s0'?

[@~]$ dig +short @192.168.10.14 server.temp.test.marathon.mesos
192.168.10.151

[@~]$ dig +short @192.168.10.14 _server.temp.test._tcp.marathon.mesos
SRV
0 1 31682 server.temp.test-grxx9-s0.marathon.mesos.

RE: random string in task groups hostname

Posted by Marc Roos <M....@f1-outsourcing.eu>.

2nd I have the impression that SRV records are not correctly implemented
should ._tcp not be at the front (after the service) instead of in the
middle? Or do I have something incorrect in my mesos configuration that
makes these groups act as part of the task name?

[@]$ dig +short _sip._udp.sip.voice.google.com SRV
20 1 5060 sip-anycast-2.voice.google.com.
10 1 5060 sip-anycast-1.voice.google.com.

bash-5.0# dig +short @192.168.10.14 _tcp.server.temp.test.marathon.mesos
bash-5.0# dig +short @192.168.10.14 server._tcp.temp.test.marathon.mesos