Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Daniel F. Savarese" <df...@savarese.org> on 2004/09/22 20:58:20 UTC

Re: [net] can commons ftp api cause files to be set with wrong owner on server?

In message <20...@web51608.mail.yahoo.com>, =?iso-8859-1?q
?jo=FFffffe3o=20Paulo=20souza?= writes:
>I´m using commons.net.ftp package to make the ftp transaction of files from one
> server to other.I´m connecting for example with an id = bla.
>So all files stored by the method storeFile from ftpClient class should be own
>er "bla" on the server(AIX).Can somebody give me a tip if it is either most li
>kely a probelm on the ftp or on the server AIX?

If the stored files have an owner id different from what you expect, it's
most likely the FTP server configuration or the file system configuration.
FTPClient just tells the server to store the file and doesn't specify
permissions or ownership.

daniel