Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Søren Neigaard <s....@mobilethink.dk> on 2001/11/02 23:24:40 UTC

Newbie XSP question - why dosn't this work?

Long time I had time to look at this, but I still have the problem.

My problem is not getting the parameter to the Java method, but the fact
that the XML returned from my method (msg) is escaped/encoded so that "<",
">" and so on is escaped to something quite useless.

I have attached my original post! Please help me :)

Posted by Soren Neigaard <s....@mobilethink.dk>.
Ouch you got me there :) I'm only making the Java stuff, and setting up
Cocoon and servers, I'm not the one who makes the XSL and so on.

Heres what I know:

	The XSP that starts it all is "adressbook_kontaktpersoner.xml" (attached)

	The XSL that is the top transformsheet is "adressbook_kontaktpersoner.xsl",
but it includes other XSL files (attached)

	The XSP calls the logicsheet "contactbook_ls.xsl" via the "pim:adress_book"
(I made that one, attached)

	The logicsheet then returns XML (escaped I belive), and this should then be
processed.

I hope that's what you wanted, if not then let me know.

Posted by David Rosenstrauch <da...@dti.net>.

Posted by David Rosenstrauch <da...@dti.net>.
Oh.

Posted by Soren Neigaard <s....@mobilethink.dk>.

Posted by David Rosenstrauch <da...@dti.net>.

Posted by David Rosenstrauch <da...@dti.net>.

Posted by Søren Neigaard <s....@mobilethink.dk>.

Posted by Søren Neigaard <s....@mobilethink.dk>.
Ok I will try this in just a minute, when I get my framework up :)

What is my method returns a OutputStream, will that work too? Like this:

<xsl:template match="pim:kontaktpersoner">
  <xsp:logic>OutputStream msg =
ContactBO.getContacts("<xsl:value-ofselect="pim:nummer"/>");
  </xsp:logic>
  <util:include-expr>msg</util:include-expr>
<xsl:template match="pim:kontaktpersoner">
  <xsp:logic>String msg = ContactBO.getContacts("<xsl:value-of
select="pim:nummer"/>");
    System.out.println(msg);
  </xsp:logic>
  <!-- instead xsp:expr use the util-taglib that comes with cocoon2 -->

RE: Use other directory

Posted by Luca Morandini <l....@tin.it>.
Doug,

	there is a FAQ entry about this topic.

Best regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
              lmorandini@ieee.org

Use other directory

Posted by David Rosenstrauch <da...@dti.net>.
I think either of these will work:

<xsp:logic><![CDATA[
         String msg = ContactBO.getContacts("<xsl:value-of select="pim:nummer"/>");
]]></xsp:logic>

or

<xsp:logic>
         String msg = ContactBO.getContacts("&lt;xsl:value-of select="pim:nummer"/&gt;");
</xsp:logic>

If not, I'll try to come up with another solution.

DR