Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Travis CI <bu...@travis-ci.org> on 2020/02/17 15:20:55 UTC

Errored: apache/httpd#357 (2.4.x - d56819e)

Build Update for apache/httpd
-------------------------------------

Build: #357

Duration: 27 mins and 0 secs
Commit: d56819e (2.4.x)
Author: Stefan Eissing
Message: Merged /httpd/httpd/trunk:r1870020,1874133

  *) mod_md:
     - Prefer MDContactEmail directive to ServerAdmin for registration. New directive
       thanks to Timothe Litt (@tlhackque).
     - protocol check for pre-configured "tls-alpn-01" challenge has been improved. It will now
       check all matching virtual hosts for protocol support. Thanks to @mkauf.
     - Corrected a check when OCSP stapling was configured for hosts
       where the responsible MDomain is not clear, by Michal Karm Babacek (@Karm).
     - Softening the restrictions where mod_md configuration directives may appear. This should
       allow for use in <If> and <Macro> sections. If all possible variations lead to the configuration
       you wanted in the first place, is another matter.
     [Michael Kaufmann <mail michael-kaufmann.ch>, Timothe Litt (@tlhackque),
      Michal Karm Babacek (@Karm), Stefan Eissing (@icing)]

git-svn-id: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x@1874134 13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68

View the changeset: https://github.com/apache/httpd/compare/ec62e78d6751...d56819eb04e0

View the full build log and details: https://travis-ci.org/apache/httpd/builds/651539420?utm_medium=notification&utm_source=email

Re: httpd/test/framework location/mirroring (was Re: Errored: apache/httpd#357 (2.4.x - d56819e))

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 11:30:58AM +0000, Joe Orton wrote:
> and weirdly the tests failing everywhere in the same places:

Obviously worked it out just after writing this, duh.  It's because the
svn2git process drops empty directories, which we need preserved.  Will
see if infra can fix this in the mirroring, otherwise we could work
around it.

Re: httpd/test/framework location/mirroring (was Re: Errored: apache/httpd#357 (2.4.x - d56819e))

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 09:04:21AM +0000, Joe Orton wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 08:20:20AM -0500, Eric Covener wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 8:17 AM Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > > OK so I will ask for httpd/test/framework to be mirrored to github, but
> > > first the really hard question - what to name it?  Assuming we can pick
> > > an arbitrary name, "httpd-tests" makes sense to me.
> >
> > works for me
>
> Thanks folks.  -> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-19872

OK Infra set this up at https://github.com/apache/httpd-tests

I srarted using this in a PR
https://travis-ci.org/apache/httpd/builds/655723094

and weirdly the tests failing everywhere in the same places:

Test Summary Report
-------------------
t/modules/allowmethods.t          (Wstat: 0 Tests: 10 Failed: 1)
  Failed test:  10
t/modules/proxy_fcgi.t            (Wstat: 0 Tests: 26 Failed: 1)
  Failed test:  26
  Parse errors: Bad plan.  You planned 42 tests but ran 26.

this seems extremely mysterious.  The arm build is still using verbose
logging and the failures are:

# testing : Get - When Post/reset is allowed.
# expected: 200
# received: '405'
not ok 10
Failed 1/10 subtests

and I guess all the php-fpm failures are because it is failing to run
php-fpm properly, but, what has changed to make that happen?

[27-Feb-2020 10:16:12] ERROR: failed to open error_log (/home/travis/build/apache/httpd/test/perl-framework/t/php-fpm/log/php-fpm.log): No such file or directory (2)
[27-Feb-2020 10:16:12] ERROR: failed to post process the configuration
[27-Feb-2020 10:16:12] ERROR: FPM initialization failed
# Failed test 26 in t/modules/proxy_fcgi.t at line 245

Re: httpd/test/framework location/mirroring (was Re: Errored: apache/httpd#357 (2.4.x - d56819e))

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.

AW: httpd/test/framework location/mirroring (was Re: Errored: apache/httpd#357 (2.4.x - d56819e))

Posted by "Pluem, Ruediger, Vodafone Group" <ru...@vodafone.com>.

C2 General

+1

Regards

Rüdiger

Re: httpd/test/framework location/mirroring (was Re: Errored: apache/httpd#357 (2.4.x - d56819e))

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.

> > > Good point. Not sure how to map svn:external in the git world.
> >
> > https://help.github.com/en/github/using-git/about-git-subtree-merges
> >
> > seems to be an approach, but not sure how this works with our svn to git mirroring.
>
> IIUC We could also just use it from CPAN with a README about dropping
> in an Apache-Test checkout if you need to debug the framework itself?
> Other than that, we could use a vendor/ like approach and see what's
> new around release time.

Yeah, so long as the existence of the svn:externals doesn't preclude
mirroring, I think we can safely ignore it.  The test suite does seem to
work with an external install of Apache::Test just fine.

OK so I will ask for httpd/test/framework to be mirrored to github, but
first the really hard question - what to name it?  Assuming we can pick
an arbitrary name, "httpd-tests" makes sense to me.

Regards, Joe

Re: httpd/test/framework location/mirroring (was Re: Errored: apache/httpd#357 (2.4.x - d56819e))

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ruediger Pluem <rp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ruediger Pluem <rp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ruediger Pluem <rp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 10:30 AM Stefan Eissing
<st...@greenbytes.de> wrote:

> Does this look like a Travis problem? Just red on some "Linux Ubuntu" combinations, but I do not really see the cause.

I looked at one and it didn't get far enough for us to care.

Re: Errored: apache/httpd#357 (2.4.x - d56819e)

Posted by Stefan Eissing <st...@greenbytes.de>.