Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Sathwik B P <sa...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/27 06:53:15 UTC

Re: Plans for ODE 1.3.8

Hi Guys,

* Finished Binary compatibility interim upgrade to Java 7.
* Finally will make it to Java 8 once below mentioned library upgrades are
through.

* Finished JPA 2 upgrade of OpenJPA with release 2.4.2 and persistence.xml
with 2.0 version. [https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODE-1042]

* JPA 2.1 upgrade with Hibernate 4.3.11 is underway will commit soon, and
had to go via 3.6.10 in order to reach 4.3.11. [
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODE-1068]
There are changes in hibernate's 4.0 JTA implementation. Need to switch to
CMTTransactionFactory from JTATransactionFactory. More details are
available here [
https://jira.spring.io/browse/SPR-9480?focusedCommentId=81419&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-81419].

* Am awaiting a word on the TOMEE 7.0.4 release and if not will go with
7.0.3.

* Axis2 1.7.6 is released, will be upgrading to it shortly.

regards,
sathwik