Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Hunter, Sandra" <Sa...@BCTransit.Com> on 2003/03/20 16:29:22 UTC

Oracle Designer and Tomcat

I am using Oracle Designer to do my database stuff and Tomcat to manage my
JSP.

However, Oracle designer, which was installed first, stopped running
properly after I installed Tomcat. I get an error claiming that my protocol
adaptor in my TNSNAMES file is unknown and I can't open Designer or
Repository. I have poked through any relevant files and the protocol is
always TCP/IP nothing weird.

I don't know for sure that this is cause and effect a result of installing
Tomcat but before I rebuild my machine I thought I would ask if anyone else
had a similar experience and what was the resolution?

Sandra