Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> on 2006/03/10 14:25:44 UTC

hibernate3 + EJB stuff?

I have a  (low priority) need for hibernate3 and the EJB plugin. Has
anyone approached the hibernate people about joining gump?

Re: hibernate3 + EJB stuff?

Posted by Michael McCallum <gh...@xtra.co.nz>.
you could check the mojo hibernate3 plugin for dependencies

http://mojo.codehaus.org/hibernate3-maven-plugin/

Re: hibernate3 + EJB stuff?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.

Re: hibernate3 + EJB stuff?

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"Steve Loughran" <st...@apache.org> wrote in message

> I have a  (low priority) need for hibernate3 and the EJB plugin. Has
> anyone approached the hibernate people about joining gump?

Joining Gump is better than not (since there is some hope of support from
the developers then, as well as a <nag /> :), but it's not a prerequisite.
As long as they provide a public check-out, it's simply Ok to go ahead and
add it to Gump.  We already have several OS projects (e.g. htmlunit) that
we've simply gone ahead and added without asking.  If you don't ask, just
make sure that you don't <nag /> back to their list.

Gump's current policy is to not re-distribute any jars from the Gump build,
so Geir's licensing concerns are a non-issue for Gump.  Of course, it may be
an issue for your projects, but that's [OT] ;-).

Re: hibernate3 + EJB stuff?

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
Makes sense.

The problem w/ hibernate, of course, is the license :) (IMO)

I'm interested to see what you think when you can play with OpenJPA...

geir

Re: hibernate3 + EJB stuff?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.

Re: hibernate3 + EJB stuff?