Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by David Leangen <dl...@canada.com> on 2005/05/16 17:01:13 UTC

[Client-side scripting] onRezise()

I just discovered client-side scripting with Tapestry.

Very nice!!

I am now going to use it extensively.

However, I am having one problem: I can't figure out how to implement the
onResize() that usually works with the body tag:

I tried, both in the <body> and the <initialization> sections:

  window.onResize = function () { someFunction() };

and

  document.body.onResize = function () { someFunction() };

I've tried playing around with these in quite a few different ways, but
can't seem to get it to work.

Can anybody tell me how this works?

Thanks!

Dave

RE: [Client-side scripting] onRezise()

Posted by David Leangen <dl...@canada.com>.
> The value of onResize can also be an ognl expression if you want that...

Ok, simple enough.

Thanks!

Re: [Client-side scripting] onRezise()

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
David Leangen wrote:

>I just discovered client-side scripting with Tapestry.
>Very nice!!
>I am now going to use it extensively.
>However, I am having one problem: I can't figure out how to implement the
>onResize() that usually works with the body tag:
>I tried, both in the <body> and the <initialization> sections:
>  window.onResize = function () { someFunction() };
>and
>  document.body.onResize = function () { someFunction() };

Well, I usually use the Body component for outputing the body tag, so I
can just use:

Posted by David Leangen <dl...@canada.com>.
Hi, Bryan,

Thanks for the suggestion. So, you're suggesting that this can only be done
outside of the Tapestry scripting framework?

If so, I'll give that a try. IIUC (I don't know the internals of javascript
all that well) the contents of doSomething() will only be evaluated at
runtime, so I can still make references to functions that have not yet been
defined. All the stuff that it refers to will only be defined *after* the
body tag, as per the Tapestry approach to scripting. If that is the case,
and Tapestry doesn't support the onResize event, then I guess your approach
is the only way.

Cheers,
Dave

Posted by Bryan Lewis <br...@maine.rr.com>.