Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by BugRat Mail System <to...@cortexity.com> on 2000/08/25 15:20:25 UTC

BugRat Report #36 has been filed.

Bug report #36 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/36>

REPORT #36 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: Don't Know
   JVM Release: Sun JDK 1.2.2
   Operating System: NT
   OS Release: 4.0
   Platform: Windows

Synopsis:
Request.setAttribute not working during include

I invoke another servlet using:

 rd.include(request, response);

Tracing shows that the targeted servlet is invoked properly and successfully writes an attribute using request.setAttribute. In the original servlet, I perform a request.getAttribute, however I get a null return value.

I haven't run this source under a current build of Tomcat, but it used to work. I am assuming that this is a bug in Catalina.

Re: BugRat Report #36 has been filed.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
James Cook wrote:

> Servlet 2.2 Spec
>
> 5.2 Attributes
> Attributes are objects associated with a request. Attributes may be set by the
> container to express
> information that otherwise could not be expressed via the API, or may be set by
> a servlet to
> communicate information to another servlet (via RequestDispatcher).
>
> Craig, I am *loving* Catalina!

Glad you like it :-)

> Are the patches that you are integrating sshowing
> up in cvs commit messages to the list.

They have been getting forwarded to TOMCAT-DEV subscribers as far as I can tell.
You can tell the difference from commits for Tomcat 3.x because the subject line
starts with "cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-4.0/xxxx" instead of "cvs commit:
jakarta-tomcat/xxxxx".

> I would like to know when I should
> download a new build. I am specifically interested in fixes to #36.

I also close the BugRat reports when things are resolved.

As I type this, I'm also testing a complete build script for Tomcat 4.0 that will
let us start publishing "pre-alpha" nightly builds (along with source distributions)
for non-CVS users.  Look for an announcement soon.

> thanks,
> jim

Craig

Posted by James Cook <ji...@iname.com>.
Servlet 2.2 Spec

5.2 Attributes
Attributes are objects associated with a request. Attributes may be set by the
container to express
information that otherwise could not be expressed via the API, or may be set by
a servlet to
communicate information to another servlet (via RequestDispatcher).

Craig, I am *loving* Catalina! Are the patches that you are integrating sshowing
up in cvs commit messages to the list. I would like to know when I should

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.