Posted to user@flagon.apache.org by Austin Bennett <wh...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/22 21:31:32 UTC

Some broad questions!?

Hi Flagon,

Looking for info:

* I don't see much on analysing the data that gets collected.  Very
interested in understanding the types of insights that people are
deriving.  Pointers very welcome (esp. to specific use cases).
Apologies if missing something obvious...

* Additionally, is JIRA the best place to understand pinpoints and
areas for improvement?  Esp. upon recognizing value of using the data,
would be very interested in using my backend/data-eng experience to
help develop and increase the stability of system for high-scale
production use (sounds like successfully used places already).

* Lastly, how would y'all characterize the docs vs state of the code
(is it believed things are well documented and not much drift -- docs
tend to lag behind).  The repository is not changing rapidly, so seems
like would be a slow drift if it has occurred.

Thanks,
Austin

Re: Some broad questions!?

Posted by Joshua Poore <po...@me.com>.
We’ll probably start with some graphs, then bulk up time sampling, time-series analysis, and convolutional analysis (for integrating other data streams). There are some elegant-ish approaches for generating models of content preference that we can play with, too. Here is one that I’ve been interested in looking into with our data stream: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/e7b4/e019df2a07395753b5de173f57d62c690172.pdf <https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/e7b4/e019df2a07395753b5de173f57d62c690172.pdf>

One question I have is whether you’d be willing to gather some data that we can use for development purposes. That would be super helpful.

Eventually, I’d like to publish some data (on dataVerse), which would be something like me doing a lit search on Google Scholar for publications related to behavioral log analysis… Maybe we can see what our webExtension logs look like on eBay or similar.

Is there a public front-end (eBay, Amazon, Netflix, Prime Video, etc., etc.) that resembles your use case, Austin?

Re: Some broad questions!?

Posted by Austin Bennett <wh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Some broad questions!?

Posted by Austin Bennett <wh...@gmail.com>.