Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Trilok Agarwal <tr...@oracle.com> on 2008/12/23 09:36:34 UTC

issues installing JSPWiki 2.8.1 with Weblogic 9.2

After downloading and untarring JSPWiki.war into the
domain/automount/JSPWiki directory
and accessing <host>:7001/JSPWiki/JSPWiki/Install.jsp

I get the following error

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.ui.WikiServletFilter.doFilter(WikiServletFilter.java:156)
	at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.ui.WikiJSPFilter.doFilter(WikiJSPFilter.java:111)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:42)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3242)
	at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
	at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2010)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:1916)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1366)
	at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
	at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181)

I have not done any changes to the jspwiki.properties or jspwiki.policy file
If anybody has faced this before please shed some light on how to
successfully install JSPWiki on weblogic 9.2

Thx
TRILOK

Re: issues installing JSPWiki 2.8.1 with Weblogic 9.2

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.
> Although I think this is too restrictive in a sense that war files
> should be deployable and any requirements to write to a directory
> should be relative or using tmp work dir

Well, you need to modify the configuration file from inside the WAR
file... You *can* deploy JSPWiki as a WAR-file, but then you need to
set up the config file by hand and set it up in a container-specific
manner.

It's much easier for the majority of the users to unzip the war file,
then modify the jspwiki.properties from WEB-INF.  Those instructions
work for all containers the same way.

/Janne

Re: issues installing JSPWiki 2.8.1 with Weblogic 9.2

Posted by Trilok Agarwal <tr...@oracle.com>.
Hi
This helped
After exploding the war and then deploying it, made it work
Although I think this is too restrictive in a sense that war files
should be deployable and any requirements to write to a directory should
be relative or using tmp work dir

Thanks to all for the suggestions

TRILOK

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
Trilok,

what catches my attention in these logs is the following two :

*Root path for this Wiki is: 'null'*
and
*Cannot identify JSPWiki root path*

this might be the result of a missing Java System Property user.dir.
Can you try to start your container with an extra Java System Property :  "
-Duser.dir=<your dir> ?

regards,
Harry

(I removed the rest, to try to prevent spam detection ?)

Re: issues installing JSPWiki 2.8.1 with Weblogic 9.2

Posted by Trilok Agarwal <tr...@oracle.com>.
Hi
There was an issue with jspwiki.properties,
had to rename
jspwiki.fileSystemProvider.pageDir = /scratch/tagarwal/JSPWiki/data/
jspwiki.basicAttachmentProvider.storageDir =
/scratch/tagarwal/JSPWiki/attachments/
log4j.appender.FileLog.File = /scratch/tagarwal/JSPWiki/jspwiki.log

instead of the default

It went ahead a little and now I am getting this

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.util.CommentedProperties.writeProperty(CommentedProperties.java:215)
	at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.util.CommentedProperties.put(CommentedProperties.java:118)
	at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.ui.Installer.parseProperty(Installer.java:320)
	at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.ui.Installer.parseProperties(Installer.java:221)
	at jsp_servlet.__install._jspService(__install.java:247)
	at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:34)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:226)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:124)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:283)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:42)
	at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.ui.WikiServletFilter.doFilter(WikiServletFilter.java:174)
	at com.ecyrd.jspwiki.ui.WikiJSPFilter.doFilter(WikiJSPFilter.java:111)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:42)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3393)
	at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
	at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Unknown Source)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2140)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2046)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1366)
	at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:200)
	at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:172)

Attached is the jspwiki.log and the weblogic server log
Any help over here would be appreciated

Thx
TRILOK

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.