Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by yaswanth kumar <ya...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/26 16:25:47 UTC

Question on metric values

I am new to metrics api in solr , when I try to do
solr/admin/metrics?prefix=QUERY./select.requests its throwing numbers
against each collection that I have, I can understand those are the
requests coming in against each collection, but for how much frequencies??
Like are those numbers from the time the collection went live or are those
like last n minutes or any config based?? also what's the default
frequencies when we don't configure anything??

Note: I am using solr 8.2

--
Thanks & Regards,
Yaswanth Kumar Konathala.

Re: Question on metric values

Posted by Andrzej Białecki <ab...@getopt.org>.
The “requests” metric is a simple counter. Please see the documentation in the Reference Guide on the available metrics and their meaning. This counter is initialised when the replica starts up, and it’s not persisted (so if you restart this Solr node it will reset to 0).

If by “frequency” you mean rate of requests over a time period then the 1-, 5- and 15-min rates are available from “QUERY./select.requestTimes”

—

Andrzej Białecki