Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Les Hazlewood <le...@hazlewood.com> on 2008/07/24 23:49:28 UTC

Fwd: CI and deployment

The folks at Sonatype have set up Continuous Integration for JSecurity for
their own purposes because they're integrating it with Plexus.

Naturally this isn't a substitute for our own CI setup, but I thought you
guys would find it interesting :)

Cheers,

Les

Posted by Jeremy Haile <jh...@fastmail.fm>.
Thanks for sharing - very cool!

Re: Fwd: CI and deployment

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Not sure that I didn't replied to Les only, so I forward his answer to
the list.

Les Hazlewood wrote:
> They said that they were running the 'ant jar' task only - not running the
> test suite.  I need to ensure they (and we) can do that too.
>
> Although the project team has discussed maven vs. ant+ivy in the past, and I
> don't know if we want to do that again, if there is anyone willing to look
> at making maven builds work as well (without screwing with the existing
> directory structure too much), I'd love to see that happen.  Best both
> worlds and all...

Well, as much as I hated Maven in the past, I have to admit that it is
now orders of magnitude better now. Would I start a new project, I think
I would use Maven.

Compared to the Log convo we had, I think that the Maven vs Ant case
will be way more easy to set...

Les Hazlewood wrote:

> >> Oh, I know  :)   I was just saying that even though CI has been set up for
> >> our
> >> project by a 3rd party (and it happens to be Hudson), it isn't the Hudson
> >> one that we're going to use in the ASF infrastructure.  But it was cool
> >> for
> >> us to see  :)
> >>

> FYI, Sonatype is full of Apache peeps... Not really Third party to me  :)
>
> The interesting part of the message is that if Sonatype successfully
> integrated JSecurity into their build system, it will be a piece of cake to
> do it on the apache servers !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.nextury.com