Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Igor Shabalov <ig...@exadel.com> on 2003/04/18 01:38:56 UTC

Struts + JDO = ?

Hello, all.

I've found one very interesting session topic on JavaOne 2003 - "Applying
Open Source Web Technologies Together: Struts and OJB". Does anybody have
any information what is possible application for JDO in Struts environment?
Do Struts community planning to have explicit support for JDO (like having
now support for JDBC connection pool)?

Thank you very much,
Igor Shabalov.
Struts Studio - the best IDE for Struts.
http://www.exadel.com/products_strutsstudio.htm

Re: [OT] Re: Struts + JDO = ?

Posted by Rick Reumann <r...@reumann.net>.
On Thu, Apr 17,'03 (07:17 PM GMT-0700), Igor wrote:

> <snip> Sorry for inconvenience.

No big deal. I thought maybe it was something cool people were doing now
and days and I didn't want to be missing out:)

(side note: been a while since I used Word but I know you can change
those options so it doesn't replace that kind of stuff. You could also
just use the cool jEdit all purpose editor/IDE and use the spell check
plugin available for it).

--
Rick

Re: [OT] Re: Struts + JDO = ?

Posted by Igor Shabalov <ig...@exadel.com>.
Crazy Opera 7 e-mail client + crazy MS word. I like it so much, but it do
not have built-in spell check function, so I 'write' messages in word and
'copy' it into Opera. Word likes to replace actual characters with a 'nice
one' – like 'left' and 'right' quotes or 'long' dash. In my Opera mail
those characters look ok, but it transformed into something different after
sending. Sorry for inconvenience.

--
Igor Shabalov
Director of Engineering

[OT] Re: Struts + JDO = ?

Posted by Rick Reumann <r...@reumann.net>.

mailto: r@reumann.net

Re: Struts + JDO = ?

Posted by Igor Shabalov <ig...@exadel.com>.

Re: Struts + JDO = ?

Posted by Rick Reumann <r...@reumann.net>.

Re: Struts + JDO = ?

Posted by Rick Reumann <r...@reumann.net>.

Re: Struts + JDO = ?

Posted by Igor Shabalov <ig...@exadel.com>.

I do not understand the answer. For now we have section in struts-config
with data sources definitions. AFAIK this is not “controller”
functionality. When I see two “wise men” - “Struts dad” and “JDO dad”
talking together, I suspect that there is something behind.
I believe there is something important in combination of two great
technologies – Struts and JDO. JDO “transparent persistence” can be
beneficial to almost any real web development. So, my question is – what

Re: Struts + JDO = ?