Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Apache Jenkins Server <je...@builds.apache.org> on 2016/11/22 14:34:31 UTC

Still Failing: HBase Generate Website

Build status: Still Failing

If successful, the website and docs have been generated. To update the live site, follow the instructions below. If failed, skip to the bottom of this email.

Use the following commands to download the patch and apply it to a clean branch based on origin/asf-site. If you prefer to keep the hbase-site repo around permanently, you can skip the clone step.

  git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/hbase-site.git

  cd hbase-site
  wget -O- https://builds.apache.org/job/hbase_generate_website/413/artifact/website.patch.zip | funzip > ${GIT_SHA}.patch
  git fetch
  git checkout -b asf-site-${GIT_SHA} origin/asf-site
  git am --whitespace=fix $GIT_SHA.patch

At this point, you can preview the changes by opening index.html or any of the other HTML pages in your local asf-site-${GIT_SHA} branch.

There are lots of spurious changes, such as timestamps and CSS styles in tables, so a generic git diff is not very useful. To see a list of files that have been added, deleted, renamed, changed type, or are otherwise interesting, use the following command:

  git diff --name-status --diff-filter=ADCRTXUB origin/asf-site

To see only files that had 100 or more lines changed:

  git diff --stat origin/asf-site | grep -E '[1-9][0-9]{2,}'

When you are satisfied, publish your changes to origin/asf-site using these commands:

  git commit --allow-empty -m "Empty commit" # to work around a current ASF INFRA bug
  git push origin asf-site-${GIT_SHA}:asf-site
  git checkout asf-site
  git branch -D asf-site-${GIT_SHA}

Changes take a couple of minutes to be propagated. You can verify whether they have been propagated by looking at the Last Published date at the bottom of http://hbase.apache.org/. It should match the date in the index.html on the asf-site branch in Git.

As a courtesy- reply-all to this email to let other committers know you pushed the site.

If failed, see https://builds.apache.org/job/hbase_generate_website/413/console

Successful: HBase Generate Website

Posted by Apache Jenkins Server <je...@builds.apache.org>.
Build status: Successful

If successful, the website and docs have been generated. To update the live site, follow the instructions below. If failed, skip to the bottom of this email.

Use the following commands to download the patch and apply it to a clean branch based on origin/asf-site. If you prefer to keep the hbase-site repo around permanently, you can skip the clone step.

  git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/hbase-site.git

  cd hbase-site
  wget -O- https://builds.apache.org/job/hbase_generate_website/421/artifact/website.patch.zip | funzip > e5dad24a9cb35d831a0ee1cf0eeb14b3719ab7ef.patch
  git fetch
  git checkout -b asf-site-e5dad24a9cb35d831a0ee1cf0eeb14b3719ab7ef origin/asf-site
  git am --whitespace=fix e5dad24a9cb35d831a0ee1cf0eeb14b3719ab7ef.patch

At this point, you can preview the changes by opening index.html or any of the other HTML pages in your local asf-site-e5dad24a9cb35d831a0ee1cf0eeb14b3719ab7ef branch.

There are lots of spurious changes, such as timestamps and CSS styles in tables, so a generic git diff is not very useful. To see a list of files that have been added, deleted, renamed, changed type, or are otherwise interesting, use the following command:

  git diff --name-status --diff-filter=ADCRTXUB origin/asf-site

To see only files that had 100 or more lines changed:

  git diff --stat origin/asf-site | grep -E '[1-9][0-9]{2,}'

When you are satisfied, publish your changes to origin/asf-site using these commands:

  git commit --allow-empty -m "Empty commit" # to work around a current ASF INFRA bug
  git push origin asf-site-e5dad24a9cb35d831a0ee1cf0eeb14b3719ab7ef:asf-site
  git checkout asf-site
  git branch -D asf-site-e5dad24a9cb35d831a0ee1cf0eeb14b3719ab7ef

If failed, see https://builds.apache.org/job/hbase_generate_website/421/console

Re: Aborted: HBase Generate Website

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
this was me stopping the run so that today's could include HBASE-17192.

Re: Still Failing: HBase Generate Website

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
patch is up on:

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.