Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Chris Cheshire <ch...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/14 21:12:51 UTC

using the indexId value of iterate in a radio button

I have a collection of PaymentSource objects (credit cards, debit
accounts) stored in an object in the session. I want to iterate
through these, presenting a radio button and the masked version of the
account number on the page.

I want to have the value of the radio button the index in the
collection, not the value of the account number itself (which is the
unique identifier of the objects) for data security reasons.
Unfortunately the value tag of html:radio wants a bean property of the
payment source.

How can I get  it to use the exposed indexId bean from the logic:iterate tag?

I have

<logic:iterate id="paymentSource" indexId="idx" name="sessionInfo"
property="paymentSources" scope="session">
idName="paymentSource" property="paymentSourceId" value="idx" /></td>
</logic:iterate>

But it is looking for the property idx under paymentSource. Is there
any way to do this? The properties  of PaymentSource don't include
anything that is unique and not sensitive.

Thanks

Chris