Posted to user@ctakes.apache.org by cerdman <ce...@adverahealth.com> on 2016/09/29 13:32:16 UTC

Drug NER CPE Pipeline in cTakes 3.2

Hello,

I am having some trouble getting the DrugNER CPE pipeline to load and run – it appears that several XML files are missing from:

<CTAKES_HOME>/desc/ctakes-drug-ner/desc/analysis_engine/

when I try to run in CPE:
DrugNER_PlainText_CPE.xml

I have installed cTakes 3.2 per the user install guide and added the UMLS resources / login etc. I have no problem getting annotations in CVD with other annotators etc. So have eliminated problems with Java or UMLS resources as being the issue, to the best of my understanding anyway.

Do I need to use cTakes 3.0 for this to work? Copy the XML files from there? I did notice another comment in the docs that might be relevant:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/cTAKES+3.0+-+Drug+Named+Entity+Recognition?focusedCommentId=61339463#comment-61339463