Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Dnyaneshwar Pawar <dn...@persistent.com> on 2019/01/16 09:10:05 UTC

QueryElasticsearchHttp processor over SSL

Hi All,

   We are trying to setup connection with ElasticSearch, HTTP connections are working fine, however, the HTTPS connections fails with hostname verification failure. We know this is the certificate issue, where server is using self signed certificate's with common hostname which does not match the actual hostname.

   Is there any way to pass through this situation like InvokeHTTP processor has TrustedHostname property which allow us to add the actual hostname.

Regards,
Dnyaneshwar Pawar

DISCLAIMER
==========

Re: QueryElasticsearchHttp processor over SSL

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.
There's no need to use a self-signed certificate. You have two options for
creating good certificates with a CA (albeit not an enterprise one) without
much trouble:

1.
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/certgen.html
2. NiFi TLS Toolkit

Both of those will give you a valid trust chain and are simple to use in
development and testing (production should always use a dedicated CA).

Mike